Women Lifting Women Livestream
This International Women’s Day, we aim to #BreaktheBias by celebrating sisterhood in cybersecurity! We can achieve true equity and belonging only by forging strong support systems.
On March 8 we held a panel discussion moderated by Cheryl Conley with:
- Jaya Baloo, CISO, Avast
- Rachel Barnes, Technical Account Manager, Qualys
- Talya C. Parker, Engineer - Privacy, Safety and Security, Google; Founder & Executive Director, Black Girls in Cyber
- Janet Roberts, SVP, Global Head of Security Education and Awareness, Zurich Insurance Company Ltd.
Featured Female Faculty
Women's Immersion Academy
To help fill the skills gap, the SANS Institute created the SANS CyberTalent Immersion Academy, an intensive, accelerated training program that provides SANS world-class training and GIAC certifications to quickly and effectively launch careers in cybersecurity. SANS CyberTalent Immersion Academies are 100% scholarship-based and no cost to participants. To learn more, contact us at email@example.com. A United States Cyber Academy program.
Resources for Women in Cybersecurity
Our Diversity Efforts
- Updating our courseware style guide: terms like Blacklist, Whitelist, and many others will be removed from SANS courseware and replaced with more appropriate terminology.
- Consciously representing diversity in speaking events and instructor development: we are dedicated to better representing the overall community and striving to see more diversity in the industry.
- Running multiple scholarship academies and offering job placement support for women, veterans, and minorities.
SANS Women in Cybersecurity Presentation
Stephanie recently gave an important presentation at the SANS Women in Cybersecurity virtual event, where she spoke about approaching career development conversations with more self confidence.
SANS BIPOC in Cybersecurity Event Presentation
Security Policy expert and Attorney Camille Stewart recently spoke at the SANS BIPOC in Cybersecurity event about how to exude your personal, professional narrative.